North Kazakhstan region is one of the leading agrarian regions of Kazakhstan.
The main branches of the economy:
- 25% (5.3 million tons of grain for 10 months of 2018) of the gross harvest of grain and leguminous crops in the republic
- The total area of farmland is about 10 million hectares, of which arable land is 5 million hectares, 4.2 million hectares are under crops
- The region has the potential for the production of vegetable oil and its fractions, meat and dairy products
- There are 17 modern dairy complexes, with the introduction of foreign advanced technologies.
- The basis of the mining industry is mining construction stone, sand, polymetallic ore containing gold, metal ores
- There are 203 free deposits available for investors (24 - metal, 2 - non-metals, 144 - building and technological raw materials and 27 - groundwater, 6 - mineral waters
- 16 specially protected natural sites, including Shalkar and Imantau recreational recreation areas, Sogrovsky, Smirnovsky and Mamlyutsky reserves, relic "Silver Forest", "Maltsevsky Bor"
- It is promising to create a recreation area in the village of Aiyrtau near the Astana-Kostanay and Chelyabinsk highway, including the construction of a hotel, cottages, a cafe
- The territory near the Stanovskoye and Presnoye lakes in the Mamlyutsky District is an ideal place for creating health and fitness complexes.