North Kazakhstan region is one of the leading agrarian regions of Kazakhstan.
The main branches of the economy:
- 25% (5.3 million tons of grain for 10 months of 2018) of the gross harvest of grain and leguminous crops in the republic
- The total area of farmland is about 10 million hectares, of which arable land is 5 million hectares, 4.2 million hectares are under crops
- The region has the potential for the production of vegetable oil and its fractions, meat and dairy products
There are 17 modern dairy complexes, with the introduction of foreign advanced technologies.
- The basis of the mining industry is mining construction stone, sand, polymetallic ore containing gold, metal ores
There are 203 free deposits available for investors (24 - metal, 2 - non-metals, 144 - building and technological raw materials and 27 - groundwater, 6 - mineral waters
- 16 specially protected natural sites, including Shalkar and Imantau recreational recreation areas, Sogrovsky, Smirnovsky and Mamlyutsky reserves, relic "Silver Forest", "Maltsevsky Bor"
- It is promising to create a recreation area in the village of Aiyrtau near the Astana-Kostanay and Chelyabinsk highway, including the construction of a hotel, cottages, a cafe
- The territory near the Stanovskoye and Presnoye lakes in the Mamlyutsky District is an ideal place for creating health and fitness complexes.